Writing Contest Prize Winners Announced — Round 105
We’ve completed the judging for Round 105 of the SurvivalBlog non-fiction writing contest. The prize-winning writers are:
First Prize goes to Greg X., for Finding, Buying, and Improving My Bugout Location. (Posted March 14-16, 2023. See: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.) He will receive the following prizes:
- The photovoltaic power specialists at Quantum Harvest LLC are providing a store-wide 10% off coupon. Depending on the model chosen, this could be worth more than $2000.
- A Gunsite Academy Three Day Course Certificate. This can be used for any of their one, two, or three-day course (a $1,095 value),
- Two cases of Mountain House freeze-dried assorted entrees in #10 cans, courtesy of Ready Made Resources (a $350 value),
- A $250 gift certificate good for any product from Sunflower Ammo,
- American Gunsmithing Institute (AGI) is providing a $300 certificate good towards any of their DVD training courses.
- Two sets of The Civil Defense Manual, (in two volumes) — a $193 value — kindly donated by the author, Jack Lawson.
Second Prize goes to Ed J., for Building A Bicycle Generator. (Posted on .) . See:
He will receive the following prizes:
- A course certificate from onPoint Tactical for the prize winner’s choice of three-day civilian courses, excluding those restricted for military or government teams. Three-day onPoint courses normally cost $795,
- A SIRT STIC AR-15/M4 Laser Training Package, courtesy of Next Level Training, that has a combined retail value of $679
- Two 1,000-foot spools of full mil-spec U.S.-made 750 paracord (in-stock colors only) from www.TOUGHGRID.com (a $240 value).
- Two Super Survival Pack seed collections, a $150 value, courtesy of Seed for Security, LLC,
- A transferable $150 FRN purchase credit from Elk Creek Company, toward the purchase of any pre-1899 antique gun. There is no paperwork required for delivery of pre-1899 guns into most states, making them the last bastion of firearms purchasing privacy!
Third Prize goes to J.M., for Compact Power To Go. See: Part 1 and Part 2. (Posted on February 15-16, 2023.) He will receive the following prizes:
- Three sets each of made-in-USA regular and wide-mouth reusable canning lids. (This is a total of 300 lids and 600 gaskets.) This prize is courtesy of Harvest Guard (a $270 value)
- A Royal Berkey water filter, courtesy of Directive 21 (a $275 value),
- A transferable $150 FRN purchase credit from Elk Creek Company, toward the purchase of any pre-1899 antique gun.
Honorable Mention Prizes
The following 14 articles have earned Honorable Mention. The writers have each been awarded a transferable $100 FRN purchase credit toward the purchase of any antique or percussion replica gun from Elk Creek Company:
Preparedness: Now What?, by O.C. See: Part 1 and Part 2.
A Call to Arms Toward Thriving, by PrepperDoc. See: Part 1 and Part 2.
A Medic of Last Resort, by Tunnel Rabbit. See: Part 1, Part 2, Part 3, and Part 4.
My Burn Adventure Ride, by Dan D.
Long-Term Survival For Women, by T.E.
Homeschooling Nuts and Bolts, by R.B., EdD. See: Part 1 and Part 2.
It Is Chick Season!, by Hollyberry
My Swedish Death Cleaning Experience, by St. Funogas. See Part 1 and Part 2.
Homeschooling, a Report From the Trenches, by N.C.. See: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.
Foraging for Fun & Survival, by Hobbit Farmer. See: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.
Basic Handgun Proficiently Training, by Steve A. See: Part 1 and Part 2.
On Growing Older, by A.E.. See: Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3.
Long-Term Survival Poultry, by J.S.
A Florida Vacation, or SHTF?, by Z.P. Wilson